There have been a lot of hits to my blog for the search term "Silverlight Azure development". So for anybody who is stuck at this first step of getting Silverlight hosted on Windows Azure.
I've included steps for creating a new Silverlight project, or adding an existing one.
Creating a new Silverlight project
- Create a windows azure web cloud project
- Right click the solution in solution explorer and add a new project.
- Add a new silverlight project
- Then simply tell it to also add a refrence to our ASP.Net web role project.
Adding an existing Silverlight project
If you already have an existing Silverlight project that you have been working on and just want to get it hosted on Azure
- Add the project to the Azure solution
- Right click the web role ASP.Net project and bring up the properties
- Go to the silverlight application tab and click add
- Select the Silverlight project
- Done! It will even add a test page into the ASP.Net project for you.