On Friday 16th July, I headed down to Hobart to present at the Hobart.Net usergroup.
It was a good turn out for a Friday afternoon and Christopher Baker as usual had organised a great venue for the event to be held at. It was hosted at the Hobart casino in a members only bar that was booked just for us. The catering provided by the casino was great, there was a nice selection of hot finger food available.
For my talk I spent the first 1.5 hours doing a lap around Windows Azure.
- I explained the fundamentals of cloud computing
- What the vision of Window Azure is
- the basic building blocks available with Windows Azure
- some code demos
- How to deploy to Azure
- how to change the number of instance and deploy new versions
After that initial talk, I then did an hour talk on Windows Phone 7 series
- What Windows phone 7 series is
- The programming models available
- Some code demos
- I showed Beachy and explained how I had built it
- Showed some design time data tricks with Expression Blend